I’ve been feeling unsettled lately and knew I was in need of some change. I started looking at some hair colors to try and I even went as far as thinking to 1. Going back to my original color or 2. chop it off.
GOOD THING I DID NEITHER.
A lot of people bleach their entire head to apply a color. I choose to go to a stylist who gives me highlights, and then apply the color myself. It’s really up to you and your preference. I love having different shades and more dimension in my hair which really pops when I style it.
- Mixing bowl
- Brush to apply dye
- White Conditioner (used to dilute the dye)
- Ion Brilliance in Flamingo and in Fuschia
- Old T-Shirt
I took about 2/3 of the Fushia, and 3/4 of the Flamingo and mixed it with double that amount of conditioner. Since I have long hair, I like to mix the conditioner in so I’m not using tubes on tubes of dye. Also, the conditioner really helps get my hair super soft after washing the dye out. Lastly, the main reason for using the conditioner is to dilute the dye so the dye isn’t extremely bright.
I applied the mixture all over my hair. Since my roots are dark, I avoided those areas. It took me over an hour to get the dye applied, and I waited about an additional 30 minutes before washing out the dye with luke warm water.
Sounds pretty simple doesn’t it?
Tips on dying hair
- Make sure wear old clothes that you don’t mind getting stained, because you most likely will
- The color can bleed after so I suggest putting a towel over your pillow just in case
- Hair dyes will appear differently on different hair. Have an open mind!
- Use a brush to apply the dye but go ahead and spread the dye around with your fingers (with gloves of course!)
Original Article on TheArisgold.com